Saturday, May 30, 2009

Art Faire & two family sessions

Next Saturday is the Millbrook Music & Art Faire in downtown Clayton. I'm going to have a booth to sell my fine art pictures for the first time in my life! What a huge step. So I'm super busily working to get everything together ordered and put together by next Saturday! Luckily I'll have electricity and can bring my computer for hosting a catalogue of prints not readily for sale and special orders of large sizes. The event is from 10am to 6pm. For more information click on the photo or here. The link is to a specific town blog post. There should be other posts with info too. I'd love to see all of you local people there! They are supposed to have quite a few interactive things for the kiddos. Either just before of after I will have all of the prints available online too! Look for the link soon.

Millstock poster - 2

I've been bad about putting some photos on here lately. Here are two large family sittings I had a lot of fun doing!


This place was very stinky with the rotten corn around the side of the silos. Daniel said to us, "We better get out of here because it is starting to not smell as bad!"
Rentz May09 1043

I love this spot and shot. Really I'm beginning to understand why I like buildings and such more then 'green' places. There are so many more posing options and places to sit! It's easier to make people look good.
Rentz May09 1041

This was the furthest out I could get with the sun and I'm still really happy with how it came out. It's amazing how your personality comes out when you jump off something. The ladies on the left are all a little nervous and the three on the right are in heaven. Love it!
Rentz May09 1028

This old train depot is so cool. The weathered wood works well for both big and close up shots.
Rentz May09 1014

Again, maybe my new favorite spot. Definitely where I'd like to have our family photos done.
Rentz May09 1033

This is why I never delete a test shot onsite. It turned out to be the best shot in the spot. Danny was helping me onto this 2 1/2 inch window ledge (no kidding!) when I took the test shot. I love how he is looking down at them and the variety of expressions.
Rentz May09 1069

Alyssa who is one of my senior reps.
Rentz May09 1011

The only boy. I imagine he feels a lot like Guy surrounded by sisters. Guy has one brother though to go along with the 7 sisters! I so love that Guy has a large family!!!
Rentz May09 1046

The wind picked up her hair perfectly.
Rentz May09 1007

The braid was a nice touch.
Rentz May09 1006

My hat fit this kiddo so well with all her girly curls.
Rentz May09 1024

Little Miss Bridget entertains my kids in church all the time. It keeps both her and them occupied nicely.
Rentz May09 1009

This is one of my all time favorite family shots. Ever!
Barnett May09 1073

And I love the couch (or chair in this case) out in a field look. It's the first time I've done it and was really happy with the day and the results. I think some of the photos need a little more editing before they can be printed big so the family looks a little brighter while keeping the clouds the same.
Barnett May09 1090

Barnett May09 1102

We thought it was cool to have four in focus flowers in front of the four kids. They were eating some snacks to energize them for the rest of the shoot.
Barnett May09 1065

The old house with the newer chair work so well together.
Barnett May09 1067


Barnett May09 1012

Ian really is a wild man and needed some wild man poses to showcase his personality.
Barnett May09 1015

Kristen loved this one because she always does this move to fix her hair.
Barnett May09 1029

I love me a photo of a naked baby. They can only do it for so long before it just doesn't work anymore.
Barnett May09 1038

Each kid got a shot with each parent. Here are just two I really liked.
Barnett May09 1245

Barnett May09 1057

This just shows off the sisterly relationship and bond.
Barnett May09 1097

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography May 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

these are beautiful! from the framing to the creativity to the perfect capture of everyone's personalities, i just love them!

Tabitha Blue May 30, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Oh these are wonderful!!!! I'm sure the family is so happy to see these! I love the first few at the old buildings and the chair shots!! Great job!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Unknown June 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

I was looking through your blog after seeing your winning sepia entry in the I Heart Faces challenge and I said, "Wow, that's Denise, my old college roomie from BYU!" (and I knew Danny as well). How great to come across these beautiful pictures of her and her family here. I love your work and will be visiting often for ideas and inspiration.

Aleta June 20, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Wow - very impressive pictures. Love the train depot shots - classic. And - I thought the four flower sharp image with the kids in the background - very creative!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP